These two screenshots show some error handling I've added to the network code. Apart from this and a handler for error messages coming from the server, I haven't really added anything else to the network code.
The client code has been able to connect to the server, but nothing had been done to be able to do this with the GUI. This is just to show the little progress I've made this weekend.
The code is currently in a separate branch from trunk which Shilpa created for handling network messages on the server. I'm waiting on her to finish up some work on this and then we're going to merge these changes with trunk.